Please ensure you have read and understood our terms and conditions.
1. All hire to be paid for in advance.
2. A deposit or 2 forms of ID is required to hire items. The hirer is responsible for all damage and will be charged to the extent of the damage up to full RRP before security or deposit is returned. Please do not drag items. You will be charged for damage.
3. To hire equipment you must be medically fit and be able to swim 50 metres in the open sea.
4. If you have any medical conditions you must inform a member of Vertical Blue staff before venturing out on the water.
5. Ensure you have explained your ability level /competence to a Vertical Blue staff member prior to your hire period. Do not hire equipment above your capabilities.
6. Persons under 18 must be supervised by a Parent or Guardian.
7. Vertical Blue strongly advises the use of a buoyancy aid at all times. Buoyancy aids are offered free with all hires and are compulsory for hirers under 18 years of age.
8. Helmets and buoyancy aids should be worn by persons hiring Kayaks.
9. Safety on the water: please ensure you check the wind and tidal conditions with either the harbour masters office, beach lifeguards or beach manager before venturing out. If you are in doubt then don’t go out.
10. It is the hirers responsibility to check the equipment for damage before use. A Vertical Blue staff member will check the equipment on its return.
11. You will need to sign and declare that you have read and understand the terms and conditions above.
12. You will need to state if you accept or decline the FREE offer of a buoyancy aid for use during your hire period.